Date(s) - 05/03/2019 - 05/05/2019
Chicago Marriott Naperville
1801 N. Naper Blvd. - Naperville, IL 60563
* ILLINOIS * INDIANA * IOWA * MICHIGAN * OHIO NORTH * WISCONSIN *
The 2019 Wild Wild Midwest Conference (WWMW), “Let’s Go to the Fair!” will be held May 3-5, 2019 at the conference center of the Chicago Marriott Naperville, in Naperville, Illinois.
Application is open for the 2019 WWMW Illinois Regional Scholarship through Sunday, January 27, 2019. Current SCBWI members must be logged in to access the application.
The 2019 WWMW Illinois Regional Scholarship provides an opportunity for a SCBWI-IL member who would like to attend 2019 Wild, Wild Midwest but has never attended a WWMW conference due to economic concerns. This scholarship offers free attendance.
- Applicant is a current SCBWI member residing in Illinois.
- To allow others an opportunity, do not apply if you have received free attendance or a scholarship from SCBWI or its Regions to any SCBWI events in 2017-2018.
- On the form, you will be asked to provide:
- your name
- your email address
- your mailing address
- your phone number
- an explanation of 100 words, detailing how this year’s WWMW Conference will impact your writing/illustrating career
- Of those who apply, one name will be drawn at random. Your 100 words qualifies you for this drawing, and demonstrates that you have examined the details of this specific conference and are invested in attending.
- This scholarship is nontransferable. If you have to cancel for some reason, notify the regional advisor immediately. Another name will be drawn.
- Again, this scholarship is for a member who has never attended WWMW due to economic concerns and has not received free attendance or a scholarship from SCBWI or its Regions to any SCBWI events in 2017-2018.
- Winner will not be announced publicly.
- Application is now OPEN. If you are eligible, please log in and apply by Sunday, January 27. The winner will be notified on Monday, January 28, prior for February 2nd registration. Link: https://illinois.scbwi.org/scholarships/wwmw-2019-scholarship/
Questions? Email Deborah Topolski
We’ve got a list of blue-ribbon faculty lined up, including:
– Silvia Acevedo, author
– Jacqueline Alcántara, illustrator
– Julie Berry, author
– Betsy Bird, librarian and author
– Jack Cheng, author
– Shutta Crum, author
– Sharon Darrow, author
– Stephen Fraser, senior literary agent, The Jennifer De Chiara Literary Agency
– Josh Funk, author
– Clelia Gore, literary manager, Martin Literary Management
– Wendi Gu, literary agent, Janklow and Nesbit Associates
– Esther Hershenhorn, author
– Linda Howard, associate publisher, Tyndale House
– Angie Karcher, author
– Cheryl Klein, editorial director, Lee & Low Books
– A. LaFaye, author
– Dandi Daley Mackall, author
– Christine Mapondera-Talley, author
– Sarvinder Naberhaus, author
– Debbie Ridpath Ohi, author/illustrator
– Kathleen Ortiz, literary agent, New Leaf Literary
– John Parra, illustrator
– Carrie Pearson, author and consultant
– Sharismar Rodriguez, art director, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Books
– Kashmira Sheth, author
– Linda Skeers, author
– Ruth Spiro, author
– David Stricklen, author
– Eliza Swift, senior editor, Sourcebooks
– Natasha Tarpley, author
– Tracy Vonder Brink, contributing editor, author
– Cyle Young, literary agent, Hartline Literary Agency
…and there are more to come!
Registration will open in early February. SAVE THE DATES!