SCBWI-IL will post a list of new/existing open critique groups AND individuals looking for a critique group on our updated
Critique Groups Page this summer.
Although you must be a SCBWI member to be listed on the Critique Groups webpage, non-members may join and participate in critique groups. All participants in a critique group posted on the Critique Groups Page (both members and non-members of SCBWI) agree to abide by the SCBWI Anti-harassment policy.
Please note: If you are currently listed on the webpage and want to be listed again, you must email your particulars. We will only include those that respond to this call by June 15.
Instructions for New/Existing Open (those that need more members) Critique Groups: Please email Deborah Topolski with the following information by June 15:
Group contacts, please include in your response:
- Critique group contact person & email address OR contact via SCBWI Messaging
- Critique group name (if applicable)
- Acceptable genres, formats, writing, illustration, etc.
- Meeting regularity (e.g.: once monthly set at previous meeting, third Saturday, variable)
- Meeting location (city only, please) and time or online.
- Any additional critique member requirements
- Trial Period (if applicable)
Instructions for Individuals looking for a Critique Group: Please email Deborah Topolski with the following information by June 15:
Individuals, please include in your response:
- Name & email address OR contact via SCBWI Messaging
- Type of critique group and format/genres preferred (e.g.: writing and pb/non-fiction)
- location preferred (e.g. Quad Cities area) or online
Questions?: Deborah Topolski